Secure workloads across hybrid clouds including Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers convenience and cost savings. However, you still need to follow security, privacy and compliance rules, as well as best practices, for protecting data. Further, you need rapid data mobility across all clouds you currently use and those in your future, a need which can be compromised with cloud-vendor-specific encryption solutions.
Advanced encryption solutions with comprehensive key management
Effective, secure cloud use involves an increasing number of decisive moments, such as when you consider using sensitive data in any cloud. You can rely on Thales to secure your digital transformation. Thales advanced encryption and centralized key management solutions give you protection and control of data stored on your premises, Amazon Web Services, and other cloud providers. Thales technology enables you to:
- Avoid cloud vendor encryption lock-in and ensure the data mobility you need while you efficiently and securely spread workloads and data across multiple cloud vendors, including Amazon Web Services, with centralized, independent encryption management
- Take secure advantage of Amazon Key Management Services (AWS KMS) with a centralized key management solution that spans multiple clouds
- Identify attacks faster with data access logging to industry leading SIEM applications
- Reduce or eliminate risks arising from compromised credentials with advanced encryption including privileged user access controls
- Architect applications for the cloud with built-in security using vaultless tokenization with dynamic data masking
Bring Your Own Advanced Encryption to Amazon Web Services
If you’re 100% Amazon Web Services-based with stringent data security controls, or if you’re running hybrid clouds with data distributed across your on-premises private cloud, multiple cloud providers, and on AWS, you need an advanced data encryption solution. Vormetric Transparent Encryption protects your files and databases on your premises and across multiple clouds including AWS, without any changes to applications, databases, infrastructure or business practices.
Accelerated PCI-DSS Compliance
Vormetric Tokenization with Dynamic Data Masking secures and anonymize sensitive assets for simplified PCI-DSS compliance. And it’s easy to add policy-based dynamic data masking to applications. The Vormetric Tokenization Server is available as an AWS AMI.
AWS Encryption Key Management
Organizations that cannot bring their own encryption can still follow industry best practices by managing keys externally using the CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager, which leverages cloud provider Bring Your Own Key API’s to reduce both key management complexity and reduce operational costs.
Centralized, secure key management
The Vormetric Data Security Manager centralizes key, policy and log management for Vormetric Transparent Encryption, available as a FIPS 140-2 Level 2 or 3 appliance or a FIPS 140-2 Level 1 AMI for AWS.
For more information, download the solution brief